Senior Analyst – Security Interventions (Fixed Term Contract until December 2018)
- Job Number:
- Business Unit / Group Function:
- De Beers Group
- Work type:
- Fixed Term Contract
- De Beers Corporate Centres
- Corporate Centre Johannesburg
DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB:
The Senior Analyst – Security Interventions is responsible for the full life cycle of data management from the early stages of data scoping and capture, to its management, analysis and reporting. The nature of the work typically requires working with large datasets from disparate data sources to support fraud investigations and disputes in the company. This is achieved by combining deep forensic investigation knowledge with advanced data analytics techniques such as investigative data linking, social network analysis, statistics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and predictive modelling.
Please refer to the attached job description for further information:
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Implementation the Group Security information gathering and integration management strategy
- Ensuring full integration between the various internal and external systems and databases to facilitate data modelling and advanced big data analytics
- Analysing data from all internal and external sources to identify trends, behavioural patterns, anomalies and efficiency improvement opportunities using specialist software to correlate variables and establish linkages between multiple data types and sources
- Providing assessed information to guide the application of the security and diamond control measures and enable timely proactive intervention to close vulnerabilities
- Developing and maintaining internal and external networks and contacts e.g. LEA, communities, employees etc. for information gathering. (Advisory authority)
- Contributing to the development of the internal and external security threat appreciation.
- Conducting ongoing risk analysis and using the results to minimise loss.
- Compiling comprehensive reports to inform decision making and responsive action by the security organization and preparing graphs, charts (link analysis, event flow analysis, activity charting), tables and other illustrative devices for visual presentation of data.
- Relevant BSc degree (Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Mining or Computer Science) a minimum requirement.
- A professional qualification in Data Science and/or Big Data Modelling and advanced data analytics would be advantageous.
- Compliance to local regulatory body in country of operation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information gathering, data mining, data modelling, interpreting and analysing data, statistical analysis and trending to influence creative business solutions.
- Specialist experience in understanding and recognising criminal incident behaviour, suspect profiling and identification of organised crime threats.
- Specialist experience in research of organised crime groupings, information gathering and analysis processes and analysis and interrogation of systems data.
- Strong track record of working in a similar analytics role
- Exposure to MIS/data warehouse applications.
- Experience in operating a variety of industry standard analytical tools for effective analyses of data.
- Crime/Forensic investigation experience in a Law Enforcement environment.
- Experience in an electronic monitoring environment (CCTV).
- Experience in court and disciplinary proceedings
- Advert closing date: 17 May 2017 – 11:55 pm SA Standard Time
- We welcome applications for this role from candidates from any Business Unit or region. However please be aware that it is expected that this role would be filled, in the first instance, on a local employment contract basis with local terms and conditions. Any offers would be conditional upon the successful candidate having the required work permit issued by the regulatory authority of the country where this role is based
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time