Boilermaker: C2 Mogalakwena Concentrator North, Internal & External
- Job Number:
- Business Unit / Group Function:
- Work type:
- Full Time Permanent
- Engineering & Projects
- Mogalakwena Platinum Mines
ANGLO AMERICAN PLATINUM, MOGALAKWENA CONCENTRATOR NORTH, INTERNAL & EXTERNAL VACANCY
Purpose of the role:
The Boilermaker is responsible to maintain, install and commission engineering components of the machinery and equipment to an agreed standard in the area of responsibility
Core work outputs:
- Safe Achievement of production performance levels through the effective maintenance of equipment.
- Good employee relations.
Technical work Responsibilities:
- Steel Pipe Fabrication and Installation, Chute Repairs and Installation, Welding, Flame Cutting, Repairing of Steel Structures, General Boilermaking Services where required
- Work is performed to ‘Zero Tolerance’ principles.
- Work area is maintained to required housekeeping standards.
- All welding and cutting equipment complies with required specifications for safe operation.
- All safety devices are operational and in use.
- Down time of units is minimized.
- Checklists and inspections are up to date and accurate
- Assessment of employee competency as required
- Inspections of completed work delegated and work in progress
- Maintenance of machinery and equipment.
- Be responsible for the proper discipline of subordinates.
- Report any contraventions of the Minerals Act, MHSA, Regulations, codes of practice, instructions, permissions, exemptions etc.
- Stop all unsafe activities, practices and machinery
- Adhere to all legal requirements as per the Mines Health and safety Act of 1996 and the Minerals act and Regulations of 1991
- Equipment and machinery specific competence
- Cutting torch license
- First aid ticket
- Technical Trade Specific N2.
- Certified Competent as Boilermaker.
- English literate (speak, read and write)
- Must be able to do standby and overtime.
- Must be familiar with risk assessments procedures.
- Valid driving licence
- Basic computer skills.
- Medically fit
- Not colour blind
Anglo American Platinum shall apply the Employment Equity principles as set out in Anglo Platinum’s Employment Equity Policy.
Incomplete CV’s and /or applications will not be considered.
Application will not be considered without a valid copy of the qualification and/or the license required for this role.
Interested internal candidates can apply as follows: click on EUREKA! / Tools / Job Opportunities / Click on “Search Here”/ Enter the reference number or job title and continue to apply
External candidates can apply by visiting the Anglo American website www.angloamerican.com/careers, Follow the links to Careers / Current Vacancies / Job Search Enter the above reference number / job title and continue
If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the closing of the advert, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time