Closing Date: 14 December 2018
This is an Internal Audit Internship which is a two year contract which follows the IAT structured training programme. The successful applicant will join a team of eight Internal Auditors. Applicants must want to make Internal Audit a career and must have at least a BCom degree.
- Documenting client processes and procedures for audit understanding
- Overall performance of audit procedures which include risk identification and assessment, developing audit programmes , conducting fieldwork and developing audit findings in line with internal audit methodology;
- Attend and conduct client meetings and liaise with clients continuously during the audit;
- Complete assigned audit work within allocated budget.
- Conduct research on specific areas relevant to internal audit;
- Manage own productivity deliverables on a timely and efficient manner ensuring that deliverables are submitted on time and in a satisfactory manner.
- The understanding of the Internal Audit process
- Application of the learning interventions that have been put forward
- Participation in Audit Meetings
- Meeting of allocated audit deadlines
Expertise & Technical Competencies
a. Able to present a theme in writing in an ordered, intelligible manner with well-structured and relevant supporting detail.
b. Able to understand topic switches and use vocabulary of attitude.
c. Reasonably fluent in speaking.
- Designs / customizes reports to meet user needs.
b. Prepares complex or tailored reports, gathers information from a variety of sources, analyses and includes in a report.
c. Keeps standard reports under review and proposes improvements to meet user needs.
- Consistently uses relevant office software products such as word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and email packages to an acceptable standard for the job.
b. Has the ability to use standard and/or program-specific the organisation databases, and merge / import data from one program to another.
c. Adapts method of working to accommodate changes in the technological developments.
Planning and Organising
- Plans and manages multiple priorities and deadlines.
b. Uses effectively advance time management processes to deal with high workload and tight deadlines.
c. Organises, prioritises and schedules tasks so they can be performed within budget and with the efficient use of time and resources.
d. Achieves goals in a timely manner, despite obstacles encountered, by organising, reprioritising and re-planning
- Identifies optimal solutions based on weighing the advantages and disadvantages of alternative approaches.
b. After implementation, evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of solutions.
- Makes sound financial decisions after having analysed their impacts on the organisation, partner agencies, and community.
b. Knows the internal and external factors that impact on resource and asset availability.
c. Is able to interpret management account reports in an operational/commercial context and take action as appropriate to maximize revenues and control costs.
d. Skilled in the use of various financial modelling tools and techniques.
- Reviews all relevant information or aspects of a situation before taking action or making a decision.
b. Pays close attention to details that are important to others to make sure they are right.
c. Verifies that work has been completed according to the standards and procedures.
How To Apply